Built in 1231 by Dominicans friars, the Predigerkirche in the center of Zurich now sees itself as a church for the whole city and is based on the principle of hospitality. The opulent center nave in early baroque style gives the church its characteristic note. The classic-modern design of the three-headed suspended luminaire Sento tre harmonizes perfectly with the historic architecture and simultaneously sets accents thanks to the contrast of tradition and modernity. The satinised glass cover ensures muted glare-free light. Wall luminaires of the same product line have been used to accentuate the vault in the side aisle. A total of 60 luminaire heads were installed in the nave and side aisles.
Lighting design: Light On Beleuchtungstechnik GmbH, Ebmatingen (CH)
Photography: Robert Sprang, Munich